Photo by: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr – via MyRecipes.com
Recipe Courtesy of MyRecipes.com
Crushed red peppers brings the heat in this Spicy Chile and Garlic Broccoli recipe. Sever this healthy side with lean beef or Chicken for a well-rounded delicious meal.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (5 cups raw)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Arrange broccoli in a steamer. Steam, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, crushed red pepper, and sliced garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add lemon juice. Pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with lemon rind and kosher salt.