Recipe and Image from Healthful Pursuit
- 1 cup roasted almond butter
- 3/4 cup unpasteurized pure honey
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and set aside. Combine nuts and seeds in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Place honey in a medium saucepan and cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly until it reaches a simmer. The honey should begin to foam. This is okay! Just don’t stop stirring. Continue to stir for another 8 minutes. Add almond butter and turn the heat to the lowest setting. Continue stirring the honey + almond butter until it begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. When it gets hard to stir, add the nuts and seeds. Mix until combined.
- Continue reading the full directions and extra tips and tricks here.