Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 cups/64oz filtered water
- One 3 inch piece peeled and thinly sliced fresh ginger
- One 3 inch piece peeled and thinly sliced fresh turmeric root
- 1 teaspoon fresh good quality peppercorns
- 6 good quality cinnamon sticks, preferably celyon cinnamon
- 2 small or 1 large fuyu persimmon, thinly sliced (save a few slices for serving)
- Sweetener of choice (ex. honey or stevia) to taste
- Place the water, ginger, turmeric, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and persimmon slices in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and simmer on low for 20 to 30 minutes.
- View the rest of the recipe here!