From Whole Foods
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 Anjou, Bosc or Comice pears
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon German mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 pound spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Purée one chopped pear, vinegar, olive oil, mustard and honey. In a small bowl, combine purée with a small amount of water, about 2 tablespoons, enough to thin the purée into a dressing. In a large bowl add the remaining ingredients and the dressing. Toss gently to coat the salad and serve.
More tips and information as well as three twists on the original recipe HERE.