- 2 14.5 oz cans vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice or other short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus cut (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (not thawed)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and water. Bring to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add rice; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Mix in pepper. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, cook until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes). Add asparagus, and frozen peas, during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Read full original directions and tips here.
Makes 2 hearty servings.