- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided (or other non-dairy milk such as cashew or coconut milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add quinoa, 1 1/2 cups almond milk, water, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until the quinoa has absorbed the liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. To serve, top a 1/2 cup quinoa with 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 sliced apple, 2 tablespoons of toasted almonds and 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds.
Read more here.
Image source: jules:stonesoup