Recipe and image from Foodista.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts only)
- 1 small jalapeno, deseeded and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1: Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, fluff with fork to separate the seeds.
Step 2: In a large bowl, prepare the vegetables. Whisk the lime juice and honey at the bottom of the bowl. Add the avocado, red bell peppers, mango, grapefruit, and jalapenos and toss. Next, mix in the black beans, green onions, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Add the quinoa to the vegetables mixture and stir to combine. Taste the salad and adjust seasoning as necessary