- 1 ounce assorted dried seaweed or wakame
- 1/4 cup shallot, scallion or red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin (or sugar)
- 1/2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne salt, if necessary
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Rinse the seaweed and soak until it has increased 10x in size, about 5 minutes. Gently squeeze to remove excess water. Sort out any hard bits and chop. Put pieces in a bowl.
Toss with the shallot, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin (or sugar), sesame oil, cayenne, and salt (if necessary). Taste and add seasonings as needed. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Image from Vegan Feast Catering