For the Bowls:
- 4 mandarins, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
For the Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Garnish: 1 green onion, diced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix together the salt, chili powder and cumin and rub on chicken. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through; set aside to cool, then slice.
- Make the chipotle lime vinaigrette: Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, adobo sauce, salt and olive oil. Then discard the halved garlic cloves.
- Peel Wonderful Halos mandarins and separate segments.
- Spoon the quinoa into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with some spinach, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, Wonderful Halos mandarin segments and sliced chicken. Drizzle each bowl with vinaigrette and sprinkle with green onions to serve.
Image and recipe courtesy of Foodista.