After some intense exercise you’ll want to grab for one of these protein bars packed full of nutrients. Plus, they are Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free!
- 1 + 1/2 cups 100% pure, uncontaminated, rolled oats***
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- Heaping 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup almond butter
Serving: Makes 16 bars
- Line an 8″x 8″ (or so) baking pan with parchment or wax paper such that the paper hangs over the edges (the pan I used is 7″ x 10″).
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add maple syrup or honey and apple sauce and mix to combine.
- Add almond butter to mixture and mix until combined.
- Place batter in prepared pan pressing down firmly with palm of hands (or mini-roller if you have one) and distributing as evenly as possible.
- Allow pan to sit in freezer for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer. Lift singular slab from pan by lifting up on paper. Set slab down and gently peel paper away. Slice slab diagonally into 8 long bars and then cut each long bar in half to create a total of 16 bars. I find these bars keep best in a sealed container/bag in the freezer.
- Substitute any nut/seed of choice or dried fruit as desired. Sliced apricot, cranberries, cherries, dates & fig are all delicious here.
- ***Pure oatmeal does not contain gluten however many commercially sold oats do due to cross-contamination issues. If you are gluten sensitive or have celiac disease, be sure to seek out certified ‘gluten-free’ oatmeal.
Recipe provided by Inspired Edibles.