Recipe: Asian Chicken Salad with Soy-Free Dressing
This great Paleo salad recipe and image are from Nourishing Meals. Find out more information and other great tips and recipes here.
- 6 to 8 cups thinly sliced greens (kale, collards, savoy cabbage, bok choy)
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut vinegar (or brown rice vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or wheat-free tamari)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- one 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
Toss all of the ingredients for the salad into a large bowl if serving immediately. If you want to stretch the salad over a few days place all ingredients into separate containers and store in the fridge. Use what you would like for each serving.
To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until combined. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired. Source: www.NourishingMeals.com