This nutritious and delicious kale salad features shaved fennel, honeycrisp apple, toasted pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and goat cheese, all with a lemon dressing. Yields 2 large salads or 4 side salads.
- 1 very large bunch of kale
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple
- 1 medium bulb of fennel
- 3 ounces chilled goat cheese, crumbled (to yield about ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or chopped pecans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Several twists of freshly ground black pepper
To read the full preparation instructions, click here.