Recipe from Eating Well
Image from Shutterstock
- 10 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles, (3 cups)
- 4 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast, (about 1 pound; see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
In a large covered pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Then add in the vegetables: celery, carrots, garlic and ginger. Cook them on a medium heat, uncovered, until your vegetables are tender.
Once vegetables are tender, slowly stir in your chicken and noodles. Allow to simmer until the noodles are cooked and just tender. Finally, add in the lemon juice and chopped dill.
For more information on this recipe, including cooking tips, visit EatingWell.