Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Parfait
This delicious and beautiful recipe is from Epicurean Mom. Read more and view images here!
Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Parfait
Yields 4 small parfait cups
For Oat Crumble:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Evenly spread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For Cinnamon Apple Compote:
- 4-5 apples (preferably lady alice), peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water, or more if necessary
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients, mixing well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Partially cover and cook until apples are softened and liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes. Add more water if needed in the cooking process. Take off heat and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, add 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, mix well. Set aside to cool.
- 2 cups non-fat vanilla, greek yogurt
Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt in bottom of glass, 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup cinnamon apple parfait. Repeat the layering and top with oat crumble. Repeat with remaining glasses.
If making a dessert parfait, top with fresh whipped cream.
*Please Note: Above image is only a representation of this recipe.