Recipe: Grapefruit and Crab Salad with Avocado
From Foodista.com – The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 12oz lump crab meat, picked through for shells and cartilage
- 1 avocado cut in chunks
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup marinated red peppers, diced
- 1 cup chives, minced
- 1 tsp Picante Passion or similar spice blend
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dash or two of Tabasco
- At least 2 hours in advance scoop grapefruit out of shells using a grapefruit spoon.
- When you are ready to make the salad, drain the crab meat if necessary, turn it out onto a double thickness of paper towels, and pat it dry.
- Put it in a bowl and add the cucumbers, peppers, scallions, and Picante Passion (or spice blend).
- Add grapefruit to the bowl, and gently toss the ingredients together.
- You want the crab to stay in large pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 tablespoon of the reserved grapefruit juice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper and a couple of shakes of Tabasco.