Everything you need to know about Movember in 60 seconds
Everything you need to know about
Movember in 60 seconds
What is Movember?
When a man grows a mustache in November to raise awareness of important men’s health issues. Participants register their mustache to raise money for ongoing awareness campaigns.
- The first “Movember” began in Australia 2003.
- Officially organized in 2004
- Became an official charity 2006
- Began its global campaign 2007
- Helped raise $147 Million with 1,127,152 registered mustaches in 2012
Why is it Important?
“Movember aims to change the face of men’s health and reverse this way of thinking by putting a fun twist on this serious issue. Using the mustache as a catalyst, we want to bring about change and give men the opportunity and confidence to learn and talk about their health more openly and take action.”
From Movember’s perspective the reasons for the poor state of men’s health include:
- Lack of awareness and understanding of the health issues men face
- Men not openly discussing their health and how they’re feeling
- Reluctance to seek help when men don’t feel physical or mentally well
- Stigmas surrounding mental health
What can you do?
Spread the word! If you can’t grow a mustache now (it’s not too late) tell a friend, colleague, or stranger. Sponsor a mustache — consider supporting the Movember campaign by donating on behalf of a mustache near you.
Here’s Two Guys That We Sponsor This Movember!
Learn More About Movember Below
CLICK HERE For A Startling Info-graphic on men’s health