As we fall into a cooler time of year we begin to crave warm comfort foods. Try this variety on an old favorite to lighten up you dinner table. It really spices up your palette and plate with thyme, rosemary and lavender.
- 1 pound of carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of thyme, rosemary, and lavender
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is heating cut the carrots, sweet potato, shallots, and ginger in half and toss in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, thyme, rosemary, and lavender.
- Lay vegetables flat on a baking sheet and roast until soft for about 30-45 minutes.
- When the vegetables are finished put them into a food processor and add water until you reach your desired consistency. You can bring the soup to a boil once it is blended and let it simmer for an hour, but you can serve your soup as soon as it is blended too.
- Top with a balsamic glaze and lavender.
Recipe discovered on Millennial Kitchen.